We've moved from Baltimore, Maryland USA to Venice, Italy in pursuit of living our dream!



Sunday, June 6, 2010

Johnny Depp in Venice

Ok, so I am sure by now everyone has heard that Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie were in Venice for about 3 months filming "The Tourist". I'm not a huge follower of celebrities, as a general rule, and even though I am a HUGE Johnny Depp fan, I did not go out on any stalkings when he was in town. However, on one of his very last days in town, when they were doing some re-takes of scenes in St. Mark's square, I miraculously got about 20 feet from Johnny Depp. The photos were taken by my husband Mike. Wouldn't you know it, I was not able to get off one decent shot?? Seems like every time I snapped, there were bodies shoving in front of me. But, I did actually see the man, up close and personal. The only thing that could possibly have been better is if he were in full Captain Jack Sparrow costume!!






4 comments:

LindyLouMac said...

Definitely Jack Sparrow himself:)

Yvonne said...

Hmmph! He kept avoiding me! He looks tiny, is he??

karen said...

Yvonne, not tiny, just not tall. The guy standing next to him was over 6 foot. Come on, at any size, Johnny Depp is pretty darn good, don't you think?

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh...that explains why he wasn't on Kauai with the rest of the Pirates 4 cast! On June 13 we saw Barbossa and Gibbs. Definitely holding out for Capn Jack all month though!